Giving back to the community
Community service is an integral part of the Linden Hall School curriculum and fosters character development. One of the School's core values is civic and global responsibility. Whether it’s face painting at a local community event or a mission trip to Ecuador, Linden Hall girls are involved.
While there is a minimum requirement for both middle and upper school, we encourage students to go above and beyond what the expectations. The School partners with a number of organizations – both small and large – to provide diversified opportunities for community involvement. In collaboration with our partners, we strive to create meaningful opportunities in support of our local and global communities. The aim of the program is to provide the most comprehensive and flexible avenues so that students may achieve their community service goals.
These are just a few of the ways Linden Hall supports community service:
- United Way Day of Caring
- Local volunteering with the Lititz Rotary and Lions Clubs
- Volunteering in local nursing homes
- Outdoor projects – landscaping, tree planting, neighborhood cleanup
- Serving food at a local food bank
- Volunteer work at the Water Street Rescue Mission in downtown Lancaster