Students may wish to purchase some of the following items after they arrive at Linden Hall. Remember, these are dorm rooms and students will be sharing space with one or more girls. When traveling to school, remember that “less is more!” Due to the fact that we live in South Central Pennsylvania we do experience four seasons where extreme temperatures and weather conditions are common.
Must Have Items...
- Linens - Sheets, blankets, comforter or duvet to fit a twin size bed pillow(s) and pillow cases; towels and washcloths
- Small desk lamp and a small reading/book light
- An alarm clock/watch (Linden Hall does not use a bell system.)
- Laundry supplies: bag, soap, softener, etc.
- Clothes hangers
- Personal healthcare items – make-up, personal hygiene items, hair care necessities etc. (shower caddy to transport items to and from the bathroom)
Please note:Students may not have any medications in their rooms. This includes vitamins and supplements. These items must be given to our school nurse who will distribute them to the students as needed.
- Rain/cold weather clothes and shoes
- Dresses or skirts for special occasions.
Please note: We have special dinners at various times throughout the year, and we do have some weekend dances planned. These events are considered uniform or better. Please see your Student Handbook for information about appropriate attire. All students must wear white dresses and white shoes for graduation activities.
- Combination lock for closet
- Athletic sneakers
- Computer (Please refer to our BYOD policy).
- iPods, MP3 players
- Throw rugs/carpet (no larger than 9x12)
- Sports equipment (skis, skates, tennis racquet, softball glove, etc.)
- Mini booklight
- Small trash can
- Small dorm refrigerator no larger than 1.8 cubic feet (They should not require defrosting or contain a freezer)
Please note: Students leaving LH are required to dispose of their refrigerators. Students must keep refrigerators clean or they will be confiscated.
- We recommend that all belongings be labeled with the student's name.
Items you may NOT have...
- Electric cooking utensils (Students may not cook in their rooms)
- Heat lamps or sun lamps
- Inappropriate posters, room decorations (anything advocating drugs, alcohol, or pornography is deemed inappropriate)
- Candles, incense, lighters, matches
- Weapons including sharp knives, X-acto blades, etc.
Please note: if these items are confiscated they will not be returned!!!!
Safety and security is very important to everyone at Linden Hall. We require students to keep their doors and closets locked. In addition, we suggest that all valuables (jewelry, large sums of cash, etc) be left at home. We recommend that students open a bank account and deposit their money in the bank or with the school's Business Office.