Linden Hall supports parents' and students' individual choice of technology tools with its Bring Your Own Device Program. Allowing students to choose their own devices increases involvement, fluency of use, and responsibility toward technology.
Linden Hall's Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) requirements:
- Windows devices must NOT have an ARM processor. To check, please go to "This PC -> Properties" and it will be shown under the processor section
- No Chromebooks
- No Google Pixels (it is preferred that students do not use a Google Pixel as Google devices are not compatible with our network)
- Laptop PC, or Surface tablet (with full-sized keyboard) with Windows 10
- Macbooks running 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
- USB 3.0/3.1 Support
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
- Long Lasting Battery. A device should be able to be operational throughout the school day
- Power Adapter
- PC: Intel i5 or AMD equivalent (or higher) processor, 4 Gigabytes RAM (minimum), up to date replacement warranty, Windows 10
- Mac: 13” screen or above, 4 Gigabytes RAM, Extended AppleCare (3 years) is highly recommended
- Solid State Disk (SSD): On either platform, an SSD eliminates long startup times and is highly recommended
- 5 GHz Capable Wireless: Although 2.4 GHz wireless is supported, 5 GHz offers more channel space and allows communication with more devices at once. We recommend that your laptop have dual channel wireless capability. All current Macs include this, however with PCs, this is less common
- For Windows devices, ensure Windows Defender Antivirus is up to date
- Acrobat Reader
- Web Browser - Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari
- Common plugins (Silverlight, Java, etc.)
- Five licensed copies of Microsoft Office 365 are provided to each student. You need not purchase this.
- Wireless Internet access is provided by Linden Hall for students while at school
Additional Information and Recommendations
- Families may wish to investigate warranty and/or replacement programs for their student’s device. Most manufacturers or vendors will offer a basic warranty, however purchasing an additional warranty to protect against accidental damage (cracked screens/cases, spilled drinks, missing keys, etc.), should be considered.
- Linden Hall does not provide any warranty or repair services for any student-owned device – this is the responsibility of the student and her family.
- Apple offers an educational discount to students from Linden Hall. For selection and pricing, use this link, go to ‘Find Your School’ and use ‘Linden Hall’, Lititz, PA 17543 as the institution and address.