Linden Hall, located in Lititz, Pennsylvania, is the nation's oldest independent boarding and day school for girls. Committed to excellence in the education of young women, the School provides a rigorous and multifaceted college preparatory experience. Each student is nurtured and inspired to reach her highest personal potential. With a diverse student body representing 28 countries and 14 states, Linden Hall delivers a truly enriching cultural experience.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, the Associate Head of School for Enrollment Management and Strategic Initiatives and the Director of Advancement to develop and implement a comprehensive strategic marketing and branding plan designed to promote enrollment and fundraising.
- A minimum of five years of relevant full time experience with developing and managing international public relations and communications programs, writing, editing, and publications project management in a corporate or educational setting;
- Extraordinary communication and editing skills;
- Refined interpersonal skills and experience of working effectively with colleagues, constituents, and contracted communications, design, and marketing specialists;
- Demonstrable understanding of the uses and mechanics of electronic media;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with digital photography;
- Exceptional computer and technology skills, including knowledge of current desktop publishing software, image-manipulation software, and web-working tools;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to be a self-starter and independent worker;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex tasks and projects within stated schedules and with hard deadlines;
- Excellent internal customer service;
- Personality and disposition that are characterized by collaboration, collegiality, deliberation, openness, a significant amount of joy for learning and intellectual and creative pursuits.
- Experience with international marketing is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, public relations, or related fieldTECHNICAL SKILLS
- Adobe Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Social media applications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- In a collaborative vision, develop and implement annual marketing and communication plans that engage internal and external constituents incorporating consistent themes that support the strategic initiatives and priorities established by the Head of School and Board of Trustees;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of means of communication that assure that students, faculty and staff, parents, alumnae, and friends of the School receive regular, timely, and up-to-date information in consistent and useful ways;
- Have overall responsibility for developing and managing Linden Hall’s presence on social media platforms (examples include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the like), and oversee the creation and integration of content for electronic media;
- Oversee the production and creation of a comprehensive publications program (concept, design, content, editorial, etc.) that reaches and influences the School’s target audiences.
- Collaborate with the Admissions team and the Advancement Office to develop strategies to recruit prospective students and engage alumnae and families;
- Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the School’s website;
- Oversee the management and acquisition of photographs and videos for use in Linden Hall’s print and electronic materials (including the School’s website);
- Identify, evaluate and pursue emerging marketing, external relations, media relations, and advertising opportunities;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships between the School and the media as well as other community organizations; create and maintain an official point of contact for public information
- Development and implement a crisis communication plan;
- Attend Senior Staff Meetings;
- Attend Parents’ Association Meetings;
- Perform other duties and oversee special assignments at the request of the Head of School.
- Communications Coordinator
Interested Candidates should submit by email a cover letter that clearly states interest in the position and why the candidate is suited for employment at Linden Hall and resume to Lana Valenzuela, Director of Operations and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Director of Communications in the subject line.
Linden Hall, an all-girls school located in Lititz, PA, has openings for the following part-time coaching/athletic training positions:
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Head Varsity Golf
- Head Junior High Soccer
- Head Archery
- Assistant Varsity Volleyball
- Assistant Junior High Soccer
- Assistant Archery
Qualified candidates should have previous playing and/or coaching/training experience. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references via email to: Dina Henry, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com. Positions open until filled. EOE.
Linden Hall is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, religions, socioeconomic backgrounds, and beliefs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head of School or other appropriate administrator. Linden Hall reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.