Linden Hall, located in Lititz, Pennsylvania, is the nation's oldest independent boarding and day school for girls. Committed to excellence in the education of young women, the School provides a rigorous and multifaceted college preparatory experience. Each student is nurtured and inspired to reach her highest personal potential. With a diverse student body representing 28 countries and 14 states, Linden Hall delivers a truly enriching cultural experience.
Linden Hall seeks a personable, collaborative full-time middle school instructor who has excellent communication skills and an interest in working in an all-girls school. Teaching duties include math, science, and an interdisciplinary history course. We welcome engaging, high-energy applicants to work primarily with sixth grade students, but with other middle school students as well. Top candidates will have experience teaching math and science to middle school students in an independent school environment. They will also possess a true passion for learning and nurturing growing skills in beginning and advanced students. We expect all candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the developmental needs of early-adolescent girls.
- Bachelors degree required in math, science, or education; Masters degree preferred
- Prior experience with independent schools preferred
- Prior experience developing collaborative curriculum preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Teach 4 academic classes during the school day: Math 6, Math 7, Global Studies (interdepartmental history course), Environmental Science (interdepartmental science class)
- Manage the sixth grade classroom schedule, transitions, communication, and planning
- Collaborate with department members and grade-level team members
- Perform additional responsibilities that accompany being an adult in a boarding community, as needed - Occasional weekend events, facilitating students’ needs, etc.
- Maintain professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development, etc.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head of School or other appropriate administrator
Interested Candidates should submit by email a cover letter that clearly states interest in the position and why the candidate is suited to teach at Linden Hall, resume, and Statement of Philosophy to Beth Teske, Assistant Head of School for Academics, at firstname.lastname@example.org with Sixth Grade Teacher in the subject line.
Linden Hall is deeply committed to diversity and an inclusive curriculum and community. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, religions, socioeconomic backgrounds, and beliefs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head of School or other appropriate administrator. Linden Hall reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.